Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Who says you can't have pasta?


Having yourself some simple spaghetti makes for a nice change from your normal meat and vegetable dinner. 

All you need is a packet of Macormick thick and zesty spaghetti sauce mix (introduced to me by my hubby), tomato paste, water and pasta of your choice.


Cook the sauce according to package directions (I do not use the oil and you can't even tell).  Cook your pasta according to the package directions.

When you are done, measure out 1 cup of pasta = 5 points + and 1/2 cup sauce = 1 points +.  Serve with a salad and there you have a very low point dinner.  It is also great with some ground beef, but I usually don't use it to save on points.

While you are at it why don't you spray butter on some 1 point bread, sprinkle garlic powder on top, and bake at 350 degrees until toasted?  MMMM  Now I am super hungry!



0 comments:

Post a Comment