Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chips and Salsa! Yes you can!


My "good finds" tortillas have really came in handy since I decided to bake them and make tortilla chips.  Oh my goodness for 1 tiny weight watcher point plus I can have 8 chips and some of my homemade 0 point plus salsa.  This is how:

Take some salt, Pam, and 1 point tortillas.  Did you know the Ole spinach and herb tortillas are only one point plus too (thanks for the tip from my weight watcher leader Cyndy)? I tried the spinach and herb tortillas as chips and they were even better.

Once you have all your ingredients out, spray both sides of the tortillas with Pam.
Stack your tortillas on top of each other.  I like to do several at a time and keep some extra on hand.  Once they are stacked, cut in triangles (first cut in half, then fourth etc..) and salt and pepper.  One tortilla makes 8 chips.
Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 for 6-7 minutes or until slightly brown and crisp.  You have to really watch them after the 6 minutes because they can burn very fast.  Watch them like a baby in water!
Here they are all ready to get in my belly!
Ok, they look good and all, but what do they taste like? 
Pull out your favorite 0 point plus salsa.  I am using my homemade salsa.  Gurrr baby!  Yeah!  Give them a good dip.
Shove in mouth and the verdict is.....
Yes!  Yes!  They are good!  I would still prefer the fattening ones, but if you are trying to lose weight like me, these are a great snack.
Like I said, I make a bunch ahead of time.  I keep them in a zip lock bag and write on the bag 8 chips = 1 point plus.  In this bag I have a mixture of regular and spinach herb.  Oh me oh my!

Wondering what my salsa recipe is?  Check out my recipe tab at the top of the blog and take a peek.
ENJOY!

Be sure to check back soon for my very first giveaway.  You won't want to miss it! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment