Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Finger Paint Fun!



Look at these beautiful colors.  Don't you just want to dip your fingers in and paint?  Are you wondering why I am posting about finger paint?  Well, the other day I made up a batch of finger paint for the little people and I ended up having a blast.  Finger paint has a unique texture to it and when I dipped my fingers in the paint it brought back so many memories of being a kid.

This was a fun activity for the kids and I to do together and it was 0 Weight Watchers Point Plus (haha).  I know someone that had a drug addiction and to over come it they colored in coloring books.  I'd rather finger paint to get my mind off of my addiction (food).


Do you want to make finger paint for your kids to play with?  Here is how:


Grab some food coloring, corn starch and water.

1/4 C. Cornstarch
3 1/2 C. Boiling Water
1/2 C. Cold Water
Food Coloring

Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup of cold water and set aside.  In a pot, boil water, gradually add the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.  Add the food coloring and mix.  Cool mixture completely and paint.

This recipe made enough paint for me to divide into 6 bowls so the little people had a good variety of colors.  They had enough for the 3 of them plus leftovers.  Have a blast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment