Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waffles! MMMmmm!



My favorite boy and I made up a batch of Waffles.  With his autism comes some very strange eating habits.  He is picky... very picky!  In therapy they suggested that I let him cook to encourage him to try new stuff.  So we made waffles from scratch.  He loved them and thought it was super fun too.  I had to be a good example and try one out too and since I tried one, I had to figure out the points and guess what?  They weren't too bad.   Only 4 Weight Watchers Points Plus per square.  Yummers!  Serve them up with some sugar free syrup or jam and some butter spray and it is just delightful.  We froze the left overs and then popped them in the toaster for a quick breakfast.  Do you want to make some too?  Well here's the recipe.

Homemade Waffles

2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1/4 cup oil (I used canola)

Preheat your waffle iron.  In a large mixing bowl blend dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients and add to the dry.  Mix and pour into a hot waffle iron.



0 comments:

Post a Comment