Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Climb....


I just returned home from camping.  I love camping, but I always screw up my diet no matter how hard I try.  I pack a lot of goodies for Hubby and the Little People.  I also make dishes to share with the extended family.  So even though I have carrots and apples for myself.  I still dip them into the crud.  I find myself alone in the trailer surrounded by goodies and no one watching and bam I am eating like Ms. Piggy.  So here I sit feeling guilty and sad knowing I will not be losing weight this week or maybe I'll even be gaining.  I am so close!  Only 10 more pounds to go and I am at goal.  Why is it so flipping hard?   Blahhh.

After returning home, I opened up my email and I had a sweet email from my Weight Watchers leader, Cyndy.  She was so encouraging that it made me just brush myself off and start anew.

After reading some of the quotes she emailed, I started thinking about our little hike we take every year.  This year my Mother-in-law went with us.  She has recently had a knee replacement, so with the help of my Father-in-law and her cane she slowly made it up to the mountain.  She had to go really slow, but she did it!  I  was amazed and so proud of her.

 
Along the way I took a photo of this path.  It was a narrow path that I have walked as a 300 lb person with such difficulty and pain.  I walked very slow back then.  This day I walked with no pain and ease.  It felt so good!


Here I am at the end of the path.  Isn't it beautiful?  Remember no matter how far you will go to reach your goal, no matter how long you must endure or how slow you go, you can do it!  Something beautiful is waiting for you at the end.

Here are the quotes that inspired me today.  Thanks Cyndy!

“When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top.”
“The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment