Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Looking for Bread


Everyone knows that I am a huge Bountiful Basket/Food Co-op fan.  Mostly because of the 1 Weight Watchers PointPlus bread.  Lately I have to say the produce in the baskets have been disappointing me.  I guess I am just getting tired of the same old stuff so I decided that I need to take a Co-op break for awhile.  But what about my bread?  I went to trusty google.com to see where they sold Alpine Valley bread and a market called Sunflower Market came up.  I went there today and they had Alpine Valley bread, but not the 1 Weight Watcher PointsPlus 9 grain, only the fattening kind.  Plus it was $5.99 a loaf.  Ummmm NOT!  So I started snooping around and lookie lookie what I found.....  


 Oat Bran bread with no fat and only 50 calories.  Yes that is only 1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.


Look at all the oats on top.  MMMM!  


And if that wasn't cool enough they had cracked wheat too.  It is 52 calories and only 1 Weight Watchers Points Plus.

 

But wait it gets better.  Way better, like life changing better.


Raisin Cinnamon!  Yes, yes, yes!  And it is only 56  calories and 1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.  All the bread is super good, but this one was my favorite.  My little Smart Girl agreed.  She loved it.  Then My Favorite boy asked for some.  This totally shocked me due to his eating issues that come along with his autism   Guess what?  He loved it too and wants me to pack it in his lunch.  I am completely surprised and excited.


Look at it!  Filled with raisins and cinnamon.


Toast it and add some spray butter and you feel like you have had a real treat.  So good!

I also found the same bread in pumpernickel, but haven't tried that one yet.  The loaves are $3.49, but right now the raisin is on sale for $2.99.  So go on over to Sunflower Market and find a location near you.  While you are there, shop the good deals they have on produce.  I got some great stuff today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment