Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Homemade Fat Free Ice Cream


I have an ice cream maker.  It is a really cool one.  I have had it for about 5 years now and love it!  Poor Mr. ice cream maker has been stuck in the closet for two years while I have been dieting.  It was time to bring him out of the closet again.


 All you need is some sugar, vanilla extract, and some of this...


Put in your ice cream maker and let it mix.


This is what it looks like when it first starts mixing.  Just looks like milk.


Then it starts getting thick.


Here it is mixing away and almost ready.  Looking out my window I saw a huge peach on my tree and thought why not.  The added peach was a great idea.


All done and yum tum tum!  This was excellent and was only 3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus for 1/2 cup and 100 calories.  Guess how many points the fattening homemade kind was?  10! Yeah I'd rather not have that even though it was super yummy (a few bites landed in my mouth by accident).

Do you want to have some of your own?

Low Calorie Homemade Ice Cream

1 1/4 cup skim milk
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 cups fat free half and half
1.5 tbs vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients.  Add to your ice cream freezer and enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment