Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Talking Turkey...


Okay my fellow dieters, how are you going to handle Thanksgiving dinner?  Are you taking the day "off" and just enjoying the holiday?  I surely was until I attended my Weight Watchers meeting this week.  Cyndy got me all pumped up to do good.  Plus Saturday after Thanksgiving I will receive my lifetime award for reaching my Weight Watcher's goal.  I have been maintaining my goal weight for six weeks and would hate to lose it over one dinner, even a turkey dinner.    Plus it is only one day and it is just food.  IT IS JUST FOOD!  That is what I keep telling myself over and over.


I am going with a plan.  Yes I will eat a bit extra, but I will not "Gobble 'til I Wobble".  I have already pictured my plate in my head.  I have already decided what is worth most to me.  Do you have a plan?  Before you "gobble 'til you Wobble".  Keep these PointPlus Values in mind.

Stuffing 1/2 cup = 5
Gravy 1/4 cup cream = 4
1 cup canned turkey gravy = 1
2 oz Turkey 1 slice cooed breast or thigh = 3
Mashed Potatoes 1/2 = 3
Candied Sweet Potatoes 1/2 cup = 5
Green bean casserole 1 cup = 6
Pumpkin or apple pie = 11
Pecan pie = 14
Cranberry sauce 1/4 cup = 3
Roll = 5

My Weight Watchers leader also told me about the three-bite rule.  If you take three bites of something and it isn't just wonderful, don't finish it.

So I'll ask you what Cyndy asked us in our class.  Do you REALLY want to "Gobble 'til you Wobble"?


May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump
May your yams be delicious
and your pies take the prize
and may your thanksgiving dinner
stay off your thighs

Have a happy Thanksgiving!


0 comments:

Post a Comment